Accidents in Public Places / In a Premises*

accident-public-placesAt Hugh J. Ward & Co. Solicitors, if you were injured in a public place, or on a premises or in a property, we would be happy to talk to you if you have a query about your legal rights.

These types of accidents tend to occur on improperly repaired public pavements, and manholes, etc. We have seen some very severe injuries happen to people who have tripped on defective pavements.

These injuries can also occur in shops, hotels, public parks, playgrounds, leisure facilities and other types of retail outlets.

When you are visiting a property or a premises, the person in control of that property or premises is obliged to take reasonable steps to ensure that you are not injured. If you are injured, you may be entitled to compensation.

This area of law is known as Occupier’s Liability – and we are experts in this field. If you want to speak to us, you can be assured that you are in good hands.

*In contentious business, a solicitor may not calculate fees or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement.